- .MP4 video file ~4.3 Gb size, ready to download immediately after purchase! NOTE: PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE ON YOUR DEVICE - this is a download - NOT a streaming video.
- Running time: 117 minutes
- Special lesson-focused Digital Download Edit - just the core training + some updated notes from Melissa as pop-up overlay annotations.
- The original Melissa Cross warmups in MP3 format for every vocal range (this is the original Audio CD that came with the ZOS1 disc in a digital friendly format) .
- .PDF Instruction Booklet with itemized instructions for your vocal exercises - download included with the warmups download.
- ALSO NOTE: Warmup exercises come as individual MP3s for each vocal range (Bass, Baritone, Tenor, Mezzo-Soprano, Contralto, Soprano) with M3U playlists for each range. The vocal exercises come in a .zip file and although modern iOS & Android devices can unzip these, you may need a PC or Mac to properly install these playlists on some phones which do not have this capability. For iPhones you will need to use iTunes on a laptop to transfer the MP3s and playlists to your phone.
Since released on DVD in 2005, The Zen of Screaming has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and has become a necessity for touring artists around the world. Heeding the call of the warriors of rock and metal for over 30 years, Melissa Cross’s vocal training method is the perfect thing for artists who value raw power and passion above everything in their performance. The technique can enhance range and endurance without sacrificing intensity and individuality. Combining solid voice technique and a groundbreaking vocal workout with tour-bus humor and backstage commentary, this instructional video is as entertaining as it is informative.
The Zen of Screaming is a revolution in vocal training, and a must-have tool for the modern vocalist of all genres.
Included with this purchase are vocal warmups for all ranges.
Melissa Cross is honored to continue to serve the vocal community with updated, dependable and an even more concise presentation of the necessary skills required to sustain vocal health as a successful recording/touring vocalist. Access to the latest instruction is easier than ever with the live, interactive experiences and most recent instruction available for purchase here at melissacross.com
Discovery Channel Special on The Zen of Screaming
The first of its kind, this video offers comprehensive but easy-to-follow vocal instruction and information, plus step by step exercises. Convenient menus allow you to navigate easily and effectively through the 30+ segments. The instruction includes invaluable tips on vocal maintenance, actual vocal cord footage, and explicit and helpful animations which illustrate and illuminate the specific vocal exercises. Interspersed is exclusive backstage and performance footage of today's most exciting artists, with candid offstage interviews and opportunities to see these artists actually working in-studio with Melissa.
Featured vocalists include:
- Andrew W.K.
- Lamb of God's D. Randall Blythe
- Shadows Fall's Brian Fair
- Every Time I Die's Keith Buckley
- God Forbid's Byron Davis
- Melissa Auf der Maur and more!
Also included is an Audio CD & Booklet with a clearly itemized vocal practice program for each range. This video is as entertaining as it is informative and a must-have tool for vocalists of today.
"...the Bible for any extreme music vocalist."
-Tom Beaujour, Editor In Chief, Revolver Magazine